|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||icing sugar|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||ground almonds|
|4 tsp ||20 mL ||vanilla extract|
|6 tsp ||30 mL ||cold water|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||white flour|
- Beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the almonds, vanilla, and water.
- Beat in the flour.
- Form the dough in crescents. Roll the dough into "snakes" the thickness of a pencil and cut them into slices 5 - 7 cm (2 - 3 in) long. Bend the snakes into a crescent shape and pu them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300°F (160°C) for about 20 minutes. Remove the cookies when the edges just start to turn brown. Don't bake more than one sheet at a time or you will never be able to get the icing sugar on them all before they cool.
As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, dip them in icing sugar.
- The icing sugar will only stick while they are still warm (preferably still hot).
- You may want to skip the bottom of the cookies to give yourself more time.
- Icing sugar will stick to your fingers. This is not a problem.
- Personally, I don't particularly like these. However, other people do, and have requested the recipe, so here it is.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page