Makes 1 9x13 pan
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||white flour|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||wheat germ|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||chopped walnuts|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||baking soda|
|1 1/2 tsp ||7 mL ||baking powder|
|1 1/2 tsp ||7 mL ||cinnamon|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||allspice|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
|dash ||dash ||ginger|
|4 cups ||1000 mL||grated carrots|
|1 14 fl. oz. can
||1 398 mL can
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||brown sugar|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||raisins|
|2 ||2 ||eggs|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||vegetable oil|
- Peel the carrots or scrub them thouroughly. Chop the ends of the carrots and grate them into a large measuruing cup. It is faster you use fat carrots.
- Open the can of crushed pineapple. Pour out as much of the pineapple juice as you can into a measuring cup and then add enough water to make 1 1/3 cups. Use the lid of the can or a small strainer to hold the pineapple in the can.
- Mix all the wet ingrediants including the pineapple juice mixture together in a large bowl. Use a large spoon, not a blender.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants together in another bowl.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture and mix well.
- Grease the 9x13 pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 - 40 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick into the center and have it come out dry.
- I used to say to put the cake in an 8x12 pan. This was a mistake cause by me forgetting how big my pan is.
- Carrot cake is very healthy, so you can eat it for breakfast without feeling guilty.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page