Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Makes 1 9x13 pan
|2 1/2 cups ||625 mL ||white flour|
|1/4 cup ||60 mL ||cocoa|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||allspice|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||grated zucchini|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||vegetable oil|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white sugar|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||buttermilk or equivilent|
|3 ||3 ||eggs|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup ||180 mL ||chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||sliced almonds|
- Scrub the zucchinis thoroughly and chop about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) off the ends. Grate them into a large measuing cup.
- Blend the rest of the wet ingrediants in a large bowl with the handblender.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants together in another bowl.
- Stir the zucchinis and the "dry" mixture into "wet" mixture.
- Grease the 9x13 pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and sliced almonds on top of the cake. You don't have to mix them together first.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 50 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick into the center and have it come out dry.
- You can add the zucchini to the wet ingrediants before you blend them. If you do that, your cake will look like it doesn't have zucchini in it.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page