Makes 1 8x8 pan
|1 cup ||250 mL ||cornmeal|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white flour|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||brown sugar|
|4 tsp ||20 mL ||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||salt|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||milk|
|2 ||2 ||eggs|
|1/4 cup ||60 mL ||vegetable oil|
|1/2 1 lb box
||1/2 454g box
- Mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Seperately, mix the milk, eggs, oil, and tofu using the hand blender.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture and mix using the handblender.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for about 35 minutes. The cornbread is done when it doesn't jiggle when you shake it, the top is golden brown, and the center is firm to the touch. You should be able to stick a toothpick into the center and have it come out dry.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page