Country Apple Pancake
|2 ||2 ||large apples|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||butter|
|3 Tbsp ||45 mL ||white sugar|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||cinnamon|
|1 Tbsp ||15 mL ||lemon juice|
|2/3 cup ||150 mL ||milk|
|2/3 cup ||150 mL ||white flour|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||vegetable oil|
|4 ||4 ||eggs|
|1 tsp ||15 mL ||lemon peel (optional)|
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. A good number of slices is between 24 and 32. You can get this by cutting each quarter in half lengthwise and then cutting each half into 3 or 4 slices.
- Seperately, mix the sugar and cinnamon together. If you skip this step, the cinnamon will stick to the apples on top of the pile instead of mixing in properly.
- Put the apples, butter, lemo juice, and sugar mixture together in a large measuring cup. We will mix them later, and that will be easier if the apples are on the bottom.
- Microwave the apple mixture on High power until you can easily stick a fork in the apples. The butter will melt here, so you don't have to melt it before.
- Mix the apple mixture well. The apples should end up coated with everything else.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the milk, flour, oil, eggs, and lemon peel.
- Blend the batter ingrediants together until smooth using a wisk or handblender.
- Spread out the apples in the bottom of a greased pie plate. If there is anything in the apple mixture that doesn't stick to the apples, just pour it in after them.
- Pour the batter over the apples.
- Bake at 425°F (215°C) for 20-25 minutes until the top is puffy and golden brown.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page