Flower Shortbread Cookies
|3 cups ||750 mL ||white flour|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||cornstarch|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||icing sugar|
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Seperately, mix flour and cornstarch.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture in thirds. The result will be crumbly.
- Form the mixture into 2 "logs", each about 4 cm in diameter.
- Wrap the "logs" in wax paper and place in the fridge.
- After at least 2 hours, remove the logs and slice into 32 cookies, each about 1/2 cm thick. (i.e. slice into halves 5 times)
- Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Slice green and red candied cherries into slices and eigths (in half each way), respectively.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 12 - 15 minutes. Remove the cookies when the edges turn golden brown.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page