|3 cups ||500 mL ||white flour|
|3 cups ||500 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|5 tsp ||25 mL ||baking soda|
|5 tsp ||25 mL ||ginger|
|5 tsp ||25 mL ||cinnamon|
|3 tsp ||15 mL ||allspice|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|2 2/3 cups ||650 mL ||white sugar|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||molasses|
|4 ||4 ||eggs|
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in mollasses and eggs.
- Seperately, mix flour, baking soda, and spices.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture in thirds.
- Form into "walnut-sized" balls (2.5 cm / 1 inch) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- If you wish, dip the cookie dough balls in white sugar and place the cookie with the sugared side up.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 12 minutes. They will spread to about 3 times the radius. When they are done, they will still be very soft.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page