|2 1/2 cups ||625 mL ||white flour|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||baking powder|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||baking soda|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||white sugar|
|2 ||2 ||eggs|
|2 lemons ||2 lemons ||lemon zest (grated peel)|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||lemon juice (2 lemon's)|
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Seperately, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture in thirds.
- Form into "walnut-sized" balls (2.5 cm / 1 inch) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- If you wish, dip the cookie dough balls in white sugar and place the cookie with the sugared side up.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes. They will spread to about twice the radius. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 2 minutes. When they are done, they will still be very soft.
The original form of this recipe is available on the Internet here.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page