Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins
|2 cups ||500 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||wheat germ|
|6 tsp ||30 mL ||baking powder|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||baking soda|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||oats|
|4 cups ||1000 mL||water|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||vegetable oil|
|4 ||4 ||eggs|
|1 cup ||250 ml ||brown sugar|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||vanilla extract|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||frozen blueberries|
- Mix the oats and water in a large microwavable bowl.
- Cook the oats and water mixture in a microwave at full power for ??? minutes.
- Allow the cooked oats to cool for 5 minutes. The will continue to cook during this time, so don't skip this step.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants. You can do this while the oats are cooling.
- After the cooked oats have cooled, mix in the remaining wet ingrediants.
- Add the "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture.
- Mix in the blueberries. Do not mix too hard or too long or you will crush the blueberries. Mixing with a large spoon by hand is better than mixing with beaters.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Fill them mostly full; they will rise but not a lot.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 20 minutes.
- When they are done, dump them out onto cookie racks to cool. If you leave them in the muffin cups, they may get a bit soggy.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page