Pancakes / Waffles
Makes enough for 3 people
|1 cup ||250 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white flour|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp ||30 mL ||baking powder|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||milk|
|2 ||2 ||eggs|
|1/4 cup ||60 mL ||vegetable oil|
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Seperately, mix the milk, eggs, and oil using the hand blender.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture and mix using the handblender.
- Grease the griddle.
- Preheat the griddle to 350°F (175°C).
- Pour the batter onto the griddle to make circles about 10 cm (4 inches) across.
- When the bottoms of the pancakes are done, flip them with a spatula. This will take ? - ? minutes.
- When the other sides of the pancakes are done, take them off the griddle with a spatula. This will take 1 - 2 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle iron. This probably means plugginf them 5 - 10 minutes before you want to use them.
- Cook the batter on the waffle iron for 2 - 3 minutes, depending on the waffle iron. The waffles are done when they don't stick.
- Place the cooked pancakes or waffles on a cookie rack or large plate to cool. They will stay warm longer on a plate, but will become soggy.
- Serve with syrup, fruit sauce, or jam. If you are feeling fancy, you can put whipped cream on top of the fruit sauce.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page