Quiche Crumb Crust
Makes 1 crust
- Pour the oil into a pie plate of quiche dish (which is like a pie plate but with vertical instead of slanted sides). A large pie plate also works.
- Pour in the quiche crumb crust mix.
- Using your fingers, mix the crust mix into the oil until it is all wet and sticky.
- Press the mixture into a crust shape. It should go about up to the top of the pan, but not stick out.
- Bake the crust for 1 minutes in the microwave. If you have a less powerful microwave, you may have to bake if for longer. It should be crispy but not have any black spots.
- I previously said to use 1/4 cup of oil and 1 1/5 cups of mix. This made a thicker crust that went up to the top of the pan. I liked it, but most people found it too hard. The larger crust needed to be microwaved for 2 - 3 minutes.
Back to vegetable quiche page
Back to recipes page
Back to home page