Sweet Potato Cranberry Quiche
Makes 1 quiche
|2 cups ||500 mL ||sweet potatoes|
- Chop the sweet potatoes into pieces about 1/2 in (1 cm) across andput them in a pot. Add enough water to just cover the sweet potatoes.
- Put the sweet potatoes on the stove on maximum heat. Put the lid part way on, so it will heat up faster. Don't put it all the way on, or the water will boil over.
- When the water starts to boil, turn the heat down to medium, and boil for 7 minutes. At the end of this time, the sweet potaties should be soft but not mushy.
- Drain the water from the sweet potatoes. You can save it and use it in bread/buns, which will make them softer.
|12 oz ||340 g ||cranberries|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white sugar|
- Mix the cranberries and sugar in a microwavable bowl. They will boil up a lot, so choose a big bowl.
- Cook the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute on high power. Then stir it up. Repeat until the cranberries burst. This should take about 4 minutes, depending on your microwave.
|8 oz ||250 g ||cream cheese|
|4 ||4 ||eggs|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||milk|
- Beat the creme cheese until it is soft and creamy.
- Beat the eggs and milk into the creme cheese.
- Layer the quiche as follows:
- The creme cheese mixture will flow in between the other layers.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 40 minutes. It is done when the top is golden brown and the filling is firm.
- Allow 5 miutes to cool.
- Cut into slices like a pie. 8 is a good size and easy.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page