Sweetened Condensed Milk
Makes the equivilant of 2 14oz cans.
|1 cups ||250 mL ||water|
|2 1/4 cups ||300 mL ||milk powder (dry milk)|
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||white sugar|
- Boil about 1 liter (4 cups) of water and pour it into a large pot or bowl. The exact amount needed will depend on the size of the pot or bowl, which should have about 5 cm (2 inches) of water in it.
- Pour water into a medium-sized bowl. The bowl should be metal or glass if possible, because it will be placed in the boiling water, and that is not good for plastic.
- Stir the milk powder into the water in the medium-sized bowl.
- Place the medium-sized bowl in the pot of boiling water.
- Add the sugar to the milk powder mixture. Continue stirring until the sugar is entirely dissolved. The milk powder will remain slightly lumpy.
- Remove the medium-sized bowl from the pot and use the contents in place of 2 14ozs can of sweetened condensed milk.
Back to coconut chocolate chip cookies page
Back to recipes page
Back to home page