Makes 200 (but very small)
|6 cups ||1500 mL||white flour|
|6 tsp ||30 mL ||baking powder|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||white sugar|
|9 tsp ||45 mL ||vanilla extract|
|4 ||4 ||eggs|
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
- Seperately, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture in thirds.
- Form into "marble-sized" balls (1 cm / 1/2 inch) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.. When they are done, they will still be very soft.
This recipe is adapted from "Samee Cookies" in Kamran Siddiqi's book Hand Made Baking.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page