Carrot Coconut Muffins
|1 cup ||250 mL ||vegetable oil|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white sugar|
|8 ||8 ||eggs|
|2 1/3 cup ||375 ml ||apple juice|
|4 cups ||1000 mL||grated carrots|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||shredded coconut|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||raisins|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||white flour|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||chopped nuts|
|6 tsp ||30 mL ||baking powder|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||baking soda|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||cinnamon|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||salt|
- Blend (or mix) the oil, sugar, eggs, and juice.
- Mix in the carrots, cococnut, and raisins. Don't blend in these ingrediants.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants.
- Add the "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Fill them mostly full.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 minutes.
- When they are done, dump them out onto cookie racks to cool. If you leave them in the muffin cups, they may get a bit soggy.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page