Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Makes 1 9x13 pan
|2 1/2 cups ||625 mL ||white flour|
|1/4 cup ||60 mL ||cocoa|
|1 tsp ||5 mL ||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||allspice|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||grated zucchini|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||vegetable oil|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white sugar|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||buttermilk or equivilent|
|3 ||3 ||eggs|
|3/4 cup ||180 mL ||chocolate chips|
|1/2 cup ||125 mL ||sliced almonds|
- Scrub the zucchinis thoroughly and chop about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) off the ends. Grate them into a large measuing cup.
- Blend the rest of the wet ingrediants in a large bowl with the handblender.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants together in another bowl.
- Stir the zucchinis and the "dry" mixture into "wet" mixture.
- Grease the 9x13 pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and sliced almonds on top of the cake. You don't have to mix them together first.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 50 minutes. You should be able to stick a toothpick into the center and have it come out dry.
- You can add the zucchini to the wet ingrediants before you blend them. If you do that, your cake will look like it doesn't have zucchini in it.
- This recipe used to have vanilla extra in it. I removed it because I couldn't taste the difference.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page