VBS Cookies (2019)
|4 1/2 cups ||1125 mL||white flour|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||salt|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||butter|
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||white sugar|
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||brown sugar|
|2 tsp ||10 mL ||vanilla extract|
|2 ||2 ||eggs|
|4 cups ||1000 mL||chocolate chips|
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
- Seperately, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture in thirds.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Form into "walnut-sized" balls (2 cm / 1 inch) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. The will spread out to about twice their size.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 9 minutes. When they are done, they will still be very soft.
This recipe is the one use at Vacation Bible School for Hillsdale Baptist Church in Regina, Saskatchewan in the summer of 2019.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page