Watermelon Chocolate Chip Muffins
|3 cups ||750 mL ||white flour|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||oats|
|8 tsp ||40 mL ||baking powder|
|4 tsp ||20 mL ||baking soda|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ||2 mL ||salt|
|1 1/2 cups ||375 mL ||vegetable oil|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||white sugar|
|8 ||8 ||eggs|
|4 cups ||1000 mL||puréed watermelon|
|1 cup ||250 ml ||milk|
|3 cups ||750 mL ||chocolate chips|
- Blend the oil, sugar, and eggs together.
- Add the watermelon and milk to the wet mixture and blend them in.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants.
- Add the "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Fill them mostly full; they will rise but not a lot.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes.
- When they are done, dump them out onto cookie racks to cool. If you leave them in the muffin cups, they may get a bit soggy.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page