Watermelon Chocolate Chip Muffins
|2 cups ||500 mL ||white flour|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||whole wheat flour|
|2 cups ||500 mL ||oats|
|5 tsp ||25 mL ||baking powder|
|3 tsp ||15 mL ||baking soda|
|1/4 tsp ||1 mL ||cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp ||1 mL ||salt|
|1 cups ||250 mL ||vegetable oil|
|1 cup ||250 mL ||white sugar|
|5 ||5 ||eggs|
|3 cups ||750 mL||puréed watermelon|
|2/3 cup ||150 ml ||milk|
|1/2 cups ||125 mL ||chocolate chips|
- Blend the oil, sugar, and eggs together in a big bowl.
- Add the watermelon and milk to the wet mixture and blend them in.
- Seperately, mix the dry ingrediants.
- Add the "dry" mixture to "wet" mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Fill them mostly full; they will rise but not a lot.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
- When they are done, dump them out onto cookie racks to cool. If you leave them in the muffin cups, they may get a bit soggy.
- I previously said to bake for 20 minutes. The muffins weren't always quite done.
- This recipie used to be about 50% larger. It didn't fit in the bowl well.
- I previously had 500 mL (2 cups) of chocolate chips (after size adjustments). It turns out this is just as good. On the other hand, they aren't nearly as good with no chocolate chips at all. The current amount (125 mL / 1/2 cup) gives 5 - 10 chips per muffin.
Back to recipes page
Back to home page